In this awesome project, we will learn how to make an “Automated Vacuum Cleaner” with the help of REKA:BIT. It’s really fun and easy! Join me in this tutorial to find out how 🧹💨
Step 1: Components and Tools
Electrical Components Required:
- 1x REKA:BIT board with micro:bit v2
- 1x Ultrasonic Sensor
- 1x Shaft Motor
- 1x 2WD Smart Robot Car Chassis
- 1x Battery Holder
- 4 Blades 56mm Motor Propeller
- Hot Glue Gun
All listed components can be found on our website Cytron Technologies
Step 2: Assembly Car Chassis
- Insert the fastener into the chassis after tearing off the yellow protection wrap of the chassis, the fastener, and the code wheel.
- Fix the motor to the chassis, then insert and tighten the screws.(Attention, the copper sheet of the leading wire of the motor should face outward, the same side of the wheel)
- Insert the spacer and tighten the 8 screws to fix the hammer caster. Hold tight and insert the motor(protection fastener) into the wheel. Installation completed.
Step 3: Use Cardboard to Make the Vacuum Body
- Cut the cardboard based on the following dimensions shows in the figure.
- Glue the two sides on the base
- Glue the back and front part
- Attach the top part using tape, so we can open and close the vacuum easily
- Bring another piece of cardboard make a dust container as shown in the figures
Step 4: Connection
- Ultrasonic sensor will be connected to the first grove port
- Both of DC motor wheels will be connected to motor terminals
- The fan motor will be connected to the servo port, the red wire should be connected to the negative pin, and the black wire will be connected to the postive pin (that way the fan will rotate counter-clockwise)
- Note: the servo port will provide 6v to fan motor, therefore the motor will rotate at maximum speed
Step 5: CODE
Now, connect your REKA:BIT to your device and open MakeCode editor to start programming.
- Add REKA:BIT extension and follow the code block in the picture above
- After completing the code block, download it and compile it over REKA:BIT
You can also view and edit the code by clicking here!
There you have it .. now turn on REKA:BIT and let the vacuum cleaner start the work!
Have a good day, Maker 🙂