Around last week, the Arduino community shared how to program a Raspberry Pi Pico using the Arduino IDE. Once I knew about this, the first thing I wanted to try was to program the ESP01 on the Maker Pi Pico. So, how about we try to program using the Blynk IoT code example in Arduino IDE? Ok let’s try!
This video shows how to program Maker Pi Pico and ESP01 with Blynk IoT app using Arduino IDE.
This is the list of items used in the video.
This is the summary of the steps. For more details, please refer to the video.
- Download and install the latest version of Arduino IDE software.
- Add the json link ? https://github.com/earlephilhower/arduino-pico/releases/download/global/package_rp2040_index.json and install Raspberry Pi Pico board.
- Install the latest Blynk library through Library Manager.
- Download BlynkESP8266 library from GitHub ? https://github.com/vshymanskyy/BlynkESP8266, and install using ‘Add .ZIP library’.
- Community Adds Raspberry Pi Pico Support to Arduino IDE
- How to Program Raspberry Pi Pico With the Arduino IDE
- GitHub – Arduino-Pico by earlephilhower
Thanks for reading this tutorial. If you have any technical inquiries, please post at Cytron Technical Forum.
“Please be reminded, this tutorial is prepared for you to try and learn.
You are encouraged to improve the code for better application.“