The smartphone has proved to be one of the most diverse devices to have ever been created because it is a combination of numerous tools that fit in your purse or pocket. We have seen it replace the traditional watch, camera, calculator, photo album as well as radio, compass, and a flashlight. While mobile phones continue to grow in popularity among users, we are also observing technology reverse itself. It is moving from the use of mobile phones to computers which used to be the “it thing” a decade back. As postulated a while back that the internet of things will rule the tech industry and technology will become more affordable, it is coming to pass with the invention of Raspberry Pi.
But what is Raspberry Pi? It is an invention that was launched in 2011 by the University of Cambridge. What was initially a $35 DIY project has turned into a multimillion-dollar project which has exceeded the expectation of developers.
Generally, Raspberry Pi has a lot to offer which makes it the future of computing devices. For instance,
- The user need not learn about programming to use this device. It is built using a simple Python programming language which makes it easy to read code functions and possess automatic memory capabilities.
- Raspberry Pi is ideal for small companies and businesses running with a small budget and users do not require to buy special licenses to use it. Small-scale businesses can use it to automate functions like web management or media server and database.
- The product is versatile and you can have it perform different functions.
- Raspberry Pi is a greener technology that makes it easy for small businesses to recycle their waste.
- It is an adaptive technology device that allows users to play videos using high definition resolution of up to 1080p and develop systems like embedded systems and digital jukeboxes.
The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the newest version of Raspberry Pi computer technology. It is a low-cost device and is the size of a credit card that you can slot into your laptop or personal computer with ease. This device can be used for routers, file servers, especially for the storage of large files for transfer, network ad-blockers as well as media centers, and retro games consoles.
Raspberry Pi 4 has more functionality than its predecessors. Its CPU has been upgraded such that its performance is three times powerful compared to earlier devices. It also allows you to play video games at 60 frames per second and it is still under development to accelerate its function to play H.265-encoded videos. Pi 4 has inbuilt Wi-Fi and Bluetooth which allows it to support wireless internet. Additionally, compared to other devices, in the future, Raspberry Pi 4will have the potential to boot from a pen drive or USB attached drive. This capability will enable it to use PXE to successfully boot itself from a network that is attached to a selected file system. A network-attached system will ease up computing by allowing the Pi device to remotely update its systems and share operating system images between different machines.
Raspberry Pi is deemed the future of computing devices. Its ability to make use of the internet of things has shown how powerful this technology is right now. Additionally, it is less expensive compared to other computing devices which makes it readily available for people from all walks of life.