Want to know the differences between Nvidia Jetson Nano Developer Kit A02 and B01? Here it is!
The release of Nvidia Jetson Nano in March 2019 has provided the world of makers with an affordable yet high-performance solution for AI applications. Jetson Nano offers sufficient processing power for the community to start AI learning, researching and deployment. As the community rapidly grows, Jetson Nano now supports multiple mainstream AI frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe and MXNet.
In January 2020, Nvidia has released major upgrades on Jetson Nano with the launch of Jetson Nano Developer Kit B01. This update involves the improvement of the carrier board to support new interfaces and hardware. Here are the comparisons between Jetson Nano Developer Kit A02 and B01.
A02 vs B01
Note: The CPU and GPU remain the same.
Hardware Changes from A02 to B01
1. Removed Serial Port Header (J44)
2. Changed the button header (J40) under the module
3. Changed the position of Power Select Header (J48)
4. Added a camera slot (J13)
- The hardware of Jetson Nano Developer Kit A02 cannot boot with Intel 8260 WiFi plugged in. This issue is fixed in the newer B01 version of the hardware. Refer to release notes.
- B0x images will work on A02 boards without issue. There are some pinmux differences between the two hardware revisions, but the B0x pinmux settings will work fine on an A02 board. However, A0x pinmux (dtb) does not work on B0x board.
The CoM modules and carrier boards of the older (A02) and newer models (B01) are not interchangeable. That means you can not plug the A02 CoM module into the B01 carrier board, and vice versa. You need to upgrade the whole developer kit for an update.