Do you enjoy action movies or fancy make pretends about being a detective prodding for clues and analyzing cold hard cases? If the answer is yes, then you’re in for a treat! Today I am going to show you how to be a detective in your very own house.
First, we will build a ‘Thief Detector’ that only involves a simple circuit. Even though it is simple, it offers an interesting solution where notifications will be sent to your smartphone if there is an intruder near set perimeter, especially if you are away from home. You can also install a camera to capture pictorial evidence.
Now, are you ready for some action, detective?
- Solder Espresso Lite v2.0 with the headers provided. Refer to the photo below to make sure the connections is right.
2. Since PIR is a very sensitive sensor, it need to be wrapped up as shown below. If you don’t want to do this step, make sure you are alone and be in a very quiet room.
Phone Set Up
3. Click on ‘My Smartphone’ on top left. Select the ‘lighting symbol with green colour’ on the Action column.
4. After you open it, there will be some numbers at the link. Copy the numbers because you will use it in your coding later on.
2. Refer to Getting Started for ESPresso Lite v2.0 to set up the WiFi connection and also the board and library setup in the Arduino Software.
3. Before uploading the code, you need to disconnect pin 02 (buzzer) first since it will interrupt your uploading process later on.
4. You may upload the coding now.
5. After Done Upload, you may connect back the pin 02 so that the buzzer will function.
6. You need to switch ON the main switch to make the whole system operates.
7. Wait for a while to calibrate the PIR sensor.
8. If the PIR sensor detect ‘someone’, you will get a message from the ESPert IoT Mobile App.
9. You are now ready to catch the thief. Yeahhhhh!!!