Have you heard about IoT??
A simple way to describe Internet of Things (IoT) is a method of controlling or monitoring a device through the Internet. The device, often embedded with sensors, software, network connectivity and necessary electronics that enables them to collect and exchange data.
IoT is here and becoming an increasing topic of interest among technology giants and business communities. It’s a concept that not only has the potential to impact how we live but also how we work.
So, Cytron Technologies manufactured the ESPresso Lite v2.0 to enable you to get started with your own IoT project the easily. You can refer to the Getting Started For ESPresso Lite v2 tutorial for the setup.
In this tutorial, you are going to learn how to apply IoT in feeding the fish. So now you don’t have to worry that your fish might ever have to go hungry!!!
- Each ESPresso lite V2 has its own ID (exp : ESPert-xxxxxxxx). Make sure you key in the correct ID in order to have a successful connection.
- The power for the ESPresso lite V2 can be supplied directly from the battery or USB through the UC00A converter.
Connection for servo motor
- Brown/Black — ground
- Red — Vin
- Yellow/Orange — signal (pin14)
Connection for the hardware setup
1. Assemble and solder all the pin to ESPresso Lite V2.0 board.
Connect to the internet
1. Methods to configure the ESPresso Lite V2:
- Using the SmartConfig app
- Using the AP mode (access point)
- Connecting to WAP using direct coding
You can choose either method to connect to the internet.
For more details on configuration at Connecting to the internet.
STATUS of ESPresso Lite V2 indicated by LED on GPIO2.
- Long blinks : SmartConfig mode
- LED off: Connected to Wi-Fi
- Short blinks: AP mode
- Normal blink: Trying to connect to Wi-Fi
- LED off: Not connected to Wi-Fi
Once the ESPresso Lite is connected to the internet, the LED will turn OFF.
If you are not using an OLED display, you can check for the mode using Serial Monitor.
- For AP mode
- For Smart Config mode
Create your Cloud account
ESPert IoT Mobile App
DO Button apps
i. Open the DO Button apps
ii. Click the bottom right icon
iii. Press + to create new recipe
iv. Press CHANNELS and search for MAKER
v. Create a New Recipe
vi. Action – Make a web request
vii. Fill in the TITLE and URL.
viii. Method : GET
- TITLE : Feed the fish
- URL : http://www.espert.io/bridge/ESPert/xxxxxxx/FEED?cmd=1
- METHOD : GET
- CONTENT TYPE : (blank)
- BODY : (blank)
xxxxxxx is the ESPert ID.
1. The connection for the hardware is simple. You can refer to the circuit diagram below.
1. Stick the bottle to the servo horn.
2. Drill some holes on the cap.
3. Get prepared with all the components needed.
4. You can setup all the components in a box.
5. The setup is complete.
5. A paper clip can be glued to the box.
- The key for MySmartphone in the coding must match the key that is shown at ESPert.io.