Hi everyone, it seems that nowadays everyone loves to make line following robots. Below is the step by step instruction to make this robot!
- LiPo Power Shield
- Shield-2A Motor
- LiPo Rechargeable Battery
- Auto-Calibrating Line Sensor
- 2Amp Motor Driver Shield
- Aluminium Robot Chassis Complete Set
STEP BY STEP PREPARATION (HARDWARE)
1. Setup the tires and motors holder to the aluminium robot chassis as shown in the Figure below.
2. Insert the M5 bolt nut to the chassis.
3. Insert the two 5mm PCB stands and insert the other two 15mm PCB stand on the chassis as shown in the image below.
4. Attach the Auto-Calibrating Line Sensor to the 5mm PCB stand
5.After that attach the CT-ARM to the 15mm PCB stand
6. Attach the LiPo Rechargeable Battery 3.7V 1300mAH holder onto the LiPo Power Shield .
7. Next, stack the 2A motor shield on the LiPo Power Shield.
8. Connect the other end of ribbon cable to the LSS05 connector on the Motor Driver Shield.
9. Lastly, connect the 2A motor shield by the motor ,GND and 5v shown in the image below. Now we have finished setting up the robot’s hardware.
STEP BY STEP PREPARATION(SOFTWARE)
1.Download the latest Arduino IDE at Arduino official website.
2. Open Arduino IDE, go toFile > Preferences, paste this link at ‘Additional Boards Manager URLs:’.
3.Click OK, then go to Tools > Board > Boards Manager… Find Cytron ARM Boards and click Install. It will take a few minutes, depending on your Internet speed.
4.After the installation complete, you should find CT-ARM listed under Tools > Board. Select CT-ARM.
5.Next, connect CT-ARM to your PC using Micro USB cable and install the FTDI driver(Please download the driver here). If you have used CT-UNO with your PC before, it should be automatically able to detect the driver.
6.Once complete, select proper COM port under Tools > Port.
7. Now, I have prepared an example sketch for the line following with Arduino Edubot. Your robot should be able to follow a line after uploading program.Before you run your robot, don’t forget to calibrate the sensor on the surface. If you are not sure how to calibrate the sensor, kindly refer to the user manual of LSS05 at product page, it is well documented under section 6.1.1.
Here is a video showing how the final product of CT-ARM line following works.