Hi everyone, it seems that everyone nowadays love to make a line following robot. Below is the step by step instruction to make this Robot comes true!
- LiPo Power Shield
- Shield-2A Motor
- LiPo Rechargeable Battery
- Auto-Calibrating Line Sensor
- 2Amp Motor Driver Shield
- Aluminium Robot Chassis Complete SetSTEP BY STEP PREPARATION (HARDWARE)
1.Firstly, you have to setup the tires and motors holder to the Aluminium robot chassis as shown in the Figure below.
2.Insert the M5 Bolt Nut to Aluminium Robot Chassis.
3. Insert the two 5mm PCB stand and insert other two 15mm PCB stand on aluminium robot chassis as shown in the image below.
4.Then, you can attach the Auto-Calibrating Line Sensor to the 5mm PCB stand
5.After that ,you setup the CT-ARM to the 15mm PCB stand
6.you have to setup LiPo Rechargeable Battery 3.7V 1300mAH holder on the LiPo Power Shield .
7.Next ,you can stack the 2A motor shield on the LiPo Power Shield.
8.Connect the other end of ribbon cable to the LSS05 connector on the Motor Driver Shield.
9.Lastly, connect the 2A motor shield by the motor ,GND and 5v shown in the image below. Now we are finished setup the robot hardware.
STEP BY STEP PREPARATION(SOFTWARE)
1.Download the latest Arduino IDE at Arduino official website.
2. Open Arduino IDE, go toFile > Preferences, paste this link at ‘Additional Boards Manager URLs:’.
3.Click OK, then go toTools > Board > Boards Manager…Find Cytron ARM Boards and click Install. It will take a few minutes, depends on your internet speed.
4.After the installation complete, you should find CT-ARM listed under Tools > Board. Select CT-ARM.
5.Next, connect CT-ARM to your PC using Micro USB cable and proceed with FTDI driver installation (Please download the driver here). If you already using CT-UNO before, your PC should be able to detect the driver.
6.Once complete, select proper COM port under Tools > Port.
7. Now, I have prepared an example sketch for the line following with Arduino Edubot. Your robot should be able to follow a line after uploading program.Before you run your robot, don’t forget to calibrate the sensor on the surface. If you are not sure how to calibrate the sensor, kindly refer to the user manual of LSS05 at product page, it is well documented under section 6.1.1.
Here is a video showing how the final product of CT-ARM line following works.