Analog input mode with Joystick board(Mixed), DIP switch.
Controlling a mobile robot with a joystick and a conventional motor driver is complicated because it will require a microcontroller and program capable of reading the analog input from the joystick to determine how far to drive the robot. However, the MDDS10, Cytron’s 1st smart motor driver dual channels can control your robot easily when paired with an analog joystick, literally plug and play. I will share how to control your robot easily by using MDDS10.
Connect the wire motor wire and the power supply wire to the MDDS10 board according to the following:
- Right motor wire to MRA and MRB.
- Left motor wire to MLA and MLB.
- Positive power supply to B+
- Negative power supply to B-
Note: Please double check the power connection are correct as MDDS10 does not come with polarity protection.
Check the movement of the right motor and left motor ‘G’ and ‘J’ on MDDS10 board:
- Connect the battery to the MDDS10.
- Press button MLB and MRB the motor will move forward.
- Press button MLA and MRA the motor will move backward.
Tips: If the motor move in opposite direction, just swap the polarity of the motor’s connections on MDDS10.
Note: Make sure the battery is connect with correct polarity.
Change the DIP mode on MDDS10.
Connect the joystick to the MDDS10 board.
|Joystick||MDDS10 input pin|
- Please make sure the VCC and GND is connect correctly.
- The wire connection of the joystick should be point parallel to the forward movement of the robot when you control the robot.
- You can refer to the user’s manual for more details.