With the release of new Arduino IDE v1.6.4, besides offering the new board Arduino Gemma, it is also added some interesting features to improve the “user friendlyness”. For example, the earlier tutorial, Modify Arduino IDE for Cuteduino, we need to manually download, extract, copy and paste the folders/files to the correct place. A mistake will cause everything not to work and making us stress to get started. As of Arduino IDE version 1.6.4 we can add Arduino 3rd party boards URL and the Arduino IDE will help to perform the board installation job. So today, I will share Cytron Arduino 3rd party boards URL and the steps.
1. Download, install and open Arduino IDE 1.6.4.
2. Go to File – Preferences, copy and paste this link https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CytronTechnologies/Cytron-Arduino-URL/master/package_cytron_index.json at Additional Boards Manager URLs. Hit OK.
3. Open Board Manager (Click on Tools – Board – Board Manager…).
4. Wait a few seconds as Board Manager downloading the platforms index.
5. Once done, you can see Cytron AVR Boards at the bottom of Board Manager list. Click on the area and hit Install.
6. It will take a few seconds/minutes to complete the board installation.
7. After the installation complete, you will see INSTALLED label at the side of board’s title.
8. Restart the Arduino IDE. Now you can see Cytron Arduino compatible board, Cuteduino and CT UNO under the Board list.
9. To program Cuteduino, you need to select Board and Programmer to Cuteduino and program as normal (refer to video at Cuteduino page).
10. For CT UNO, just select CT UNO board and appropriate COM port number. Then program as usual as Arduino Uno. (Update 13/07/15: It is recommended to select Arduino Uno for CT UNO board)
*We will keep updating this file, so if you face any difficulties/problems, please post on our technical forum. Thank you.