Arduino have offer the new board called Arduino Gemma and it is also available on Arduino IDE 1.6.4 and above. It uses ATtiny85 microcontroller same as Cuteduino, just different in bootloader file. You can refer to Repairing Cuteduino Bootloader tutorial to replace the Cuteduino bootloader with Arduino Gemma bootloader. So today I will share the steps and you can try out the Arduino Gemma on Cuteduino.
1. Download the latest Arduino IDE. *Currently V1.6.4
2. Follow the Repairing Cuteduino Bootloader tutorial. For steps (3), change Board to Arduino Gemma instead of Cuteduino, and follow the rest.
3. At first your PC will not recognize Arduino Gemma, you need to update the driver by pointing the driver path to “…\arduino-1.6.4\drivers”.
4. Select Board and Programmer to Arduino Gemma. Open Blink example and replace the pin number to 1.
5. Press reset button to enter bootloader mode, the LED will be pulsing and have 10s time out. You can upload when the device in bootloader mode only. If fail try several times, or disconnect and connect again.
5. Now you have Arduino Gemma on Cuteduino board!