How does a lazy guy solder SMD chip when he couldn’t find a suitable SMD to DIP adapter and lazy to fabricate one? Of course one fastest way is to purchase one online. But what if he don’t want to spend money to buy one?
1. It’s a 8-pin chip with 0.65mm pitch.
2. Find some component’s legs from trash bin.
3. Arrange the pins like this.
4. Use masking tape to prevent the pins from moving throughout the process.
5. Place the tiny 8-pin chip with one side of the legs on the pins.
6. Then, solder the items together carefully. Honestly, It’s quite troublesome to solder the chip to the pins. After soldered one side, do the same to the other side too. This is the result, a ‘spider’.
7. Solder 2 rows of header pin to a donut board to create the platform for the ‘spider’.
8. Lastly, solder the ‘spider’ onto the platform and that’s it! So, It’s time to continue prototyping…(^_^)