Analog input mode with Joystick board(Mixed), DIP switch.
To control a mobile robot by joystick is complicated conventional motor driver because it will require a microcontroller and program read the analog input and further drive the robot to move. MDDS10 Cytron’s 1st smart motor driver dual channels can control your robot easily if you choose an analog joystick, it is literally plug and play. I will share how to control your robot easily by using MDDS10.
Attach the wheel to the motor’s shart and place the MDDS10 board on the base of the robot. I choose a scrap PCB to be the mobile robot base, you can choose anything you like, but it should be solid platform.
Connect the wire motor wire and the power supply wire to MDDS10 board.
- Right motor wire connect to MRA and MRB.
- Left motor wire connect to MLA and MLB.
- Positive power supply connect to B+
- Negative power supply connect to B-
Note: Please double check the power connection are correct as MDDS10 does not come with polarity protection.
Check the movement of the right motor and left motor ‘G’ and ‘J’ on MDDS10 board .
- Connect the battery to the MDDS10.
- Press button MLB and MRB the motor will move forward.
- Press button MLA and MRA the motor will move backward.
Tips: If the motor move in opposite direction, just swap the wire motor on MDDS10. 😀
Note: Make sure the battery is connect with correct polarity.
Change the DIP mode on MDDS10.
Connect the joystick to the MDDS10 board.
|Joystick||MDDS10 input pin|
- Please make sure the VCC and GND is connect correctly.
- The wire connection of the joystick should be point parallel with the forward movement of the robot when you control the robot.
- You can refer to the user’s manual for more details.